IT courses in london ? joskos? london college?

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dougvip, Feb 1, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

well said Trip :clap

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. dougvip

dougvip New Member

haha . Sorry guys . i didnt mean to. You know ..... i do about 100 texts a Day so . I am used to.but dont worry . point taken . And Thanks Guys again ...
    One more thing. soz= sorry . not so . lol . .:)

3. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

tsk, I text a lot but I still manage to use complete words :tongue

How are you getting on with deciding what route to take with your studies?

Certifications: Pet Geekery
    WIP: cure for insomnia
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...which perfectly illustrates one of the reasons for not using txtspk on forums. ;)

Eh, no permanent damage done. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

My bad. I don't text. Never have. There are too many ways to communicate already. Also, it's tough to make my great big fingers do anything accurate on those teeny-tiny keys. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. dougvip

dougvip New Member

not sure yet. probably, I am going to study in dat College, or try to do self-study, what i think wont work too good for me . I dont mean I cant learn, Eveyone can learn, but it is much hard to learn yourself.
    what about you ?? u Doing any course?

7. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

My A+ and Network+ books arrived last week, just bought a PC off Ebay last night (and sent my boss to the bank today to deposit the money for it 8)), and lugged home a computer stand this evening - I'm nearly ready to start!

I've got worries too about doing self-study - I'm used to working evenings and half the night, but that was before a month's holiday and being lazy as h*ll ever since :rolleyes: (which is why I'm playing on here rather than working on a website which a client wants to see tomorrow :tune).

Classroom training makes me nervous - bad experiences from the last two courses I took (both of which were effectively self-study in a classroom); cost and time are factors too. So I'll see how I get on, there are always online courses for backup...

8. dougvip

dougvip New Member

which books did u buy ?

9. greenbrucelee

I work half the day and night so getting decent study time is hard for me but I think I have done ok with it. I take my books to work with me so if I get a spare minute which is normally only on a Tuesday night so I try to grab as much time as I can then.

But I would never now do a course just because they are expensive and might not give you the most up to date material.

10. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

True - the last course I did was full-time and obscenely expensive, and both the material and answers were full of errors, also the tutor would disappear for most of the day (though he was one of those who disapproved of women in his classroom, so he'd ignore my questions anyway :twisted:). Not risking spending that kind of money again for a repeat experience!

I've got Jean Andrew's book and James Pyles's (tripwire's) PC Technician Street Smarts for the A+, and Mike Meyers's Network+ book (I bought them from Amazon recommendations before finding this forum). PC arrived on Wednesday, but it's still in its box as I've been a bit asleep since then :oops:

11. greenbrucelee

Sounds good, I have not heard of the Jean Andrews book for the A+ I use Mike Meyers AIO 6th edit and Trips book PC Technician street smarts.

12. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

The reviews won me over - link. It's a big heavy monster though! Trip's book is on my desk at work, but I've not had a chance to do more than thumb through the contents.

The building where I work is a PC graveyard, so I might see about liberating one of the PCs lying around and do some studying when I can during the day :dry