IT Certifications Worth

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Michael28, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Michael28

Michael28 New Member

Hi,
    I want to know if a person do not have any experience of any IT field say networking then is it beneficial to have a CCNA or CCNP certification to get a job in the networking field?

Kind Regards

Michael

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIA
  2. Lugosi

Lugosi Bit Poster

It is definitely more beneficial than having no qualifications AND no experience!

It might depend a little on your luck. Some IT managers and recruiters respect someone who has gone to the trouble of certifying themselves in preparation for work, others will resolutely stick to no experience, no interview.

Personally I got certified before I got real IT work. This got me to interviews and then the experience built up.

There may be different opinions on here, but I reckon if you can put qualifications on your CV and then register it everywhere it will be picked up by recruiters. You then just need to be creative with your work experience to make sure they keep reading.

After that it is all down to your personality and interview technique. And you can work on how you present that too.

Once you have your first job, it's all plain sailing after that. Sort of ...

Certifications: MCSE,MCSA messaging, MCITP Enterprise Admin, Security+, Net+, A+ etc
    WIP: Loads of stuff!
  3. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Certs look good on your CV and they also help you to know what the vendor expect you to know. I have always enjoyed learning new things and love getting my newly passed certificate delivered in the mail :)

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP