IT Certification

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by ste28, May 19, 2009.

1. ste28

ste28 Nibble Poster

Hi guys

What is considered to be the most prestiged certification in the IT industry ? I would of thought MCSE ?

Would like some views on this : )

Certifications: MCSE 2003
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To go hand in hand with real world experience? I would say the CCIE from Cisco and the Microsoft Certified Architect program from Microsoft.

Without real world experience? To be honest, imo, none...

As for credentials, I would say the CITP from the BCS, the CEng from ECUK and the upcoming IITP from IP3

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Steve.L

Steve.L Byte Poster

Hi

I would go with RHCE very very difficult and you actually have to do the practical, no multi choice braindumping, so if you've got this cert....you can actually do what it says on the can ;)

Steve.L

Certifications: N+, MCP, MCTS, RHCT, VCP4 and 5, RHCSA
    WIP: ccna
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Sounded like a Linux or Unix fan there for a minute:) am with the one that's in demand and get people employed mostly. Sorry don't mean to sound like a MS fan either:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

Oh, darn. Here I was thinking that I could just go and buy the TroyTec study guide for it.

[sigh]

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs