IT Career Advice?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by insinia, Oct 12, 2010.

1. insinia

insinia New Member

Hello i am new to this forum so forgive me if my questions have been answered many times before havent had chance to search much.

I am looking to start a career in IT i havent had much past experiance i have mostly built gaming computers and some troubleshooting for friends and family such as virus removal and general cleaning of computers.

I would like to start working in an IT career, building and trouble shooting computers but i have no idea what certifications i should spend my time and money on, I have had the MCDST and network+ recommended to me.

My question is would they be the best certifications to go for or is there somthing else that would benifit me more to starting my career and getting employed?

Thank you in advance

P.s i live in the uk if you needed to know

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. insinia

insinia New Member

from what iv read on the forums i think i will go for Network+, A+ and mcdst

maybe not in that order, with the mcdst being retired is there another cert replacing it that would be better to focus on?

3. wobbl87

wobbl87 New Member

Hi, your post is simular to what i would of put so im wondering if youve had any decent advise yet! im looking into the a+ but dont want to start/pay for qualifications that end up useless when applying for a job. let us know