IT Can Help volunteers wanted

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Kitkatninja, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

IT Can Help volunteers wanted

The Information Technology Can Help (IT Can Help) network is looking for volunteer, Area Organisers in the Western Isles of Scotland, the central east area of England and East Anglia, to develop and maintain the network.

IT Can Help is an award winning programme that provides free IT advice and support to disabled people in their own homes via a national network of volunteers. It is a programme of the BCS and works with the IT charity AbilityNet.

The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting local county controllers and liaising with the management group that runs the programme.

To read more about this, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

We got something similar to this up here in Newcastle. Its part of a scheme with New Deal to help the local community and all that. Me and my mate at work have both joined and we start our very first volunteering session on Monday 22nd. To be honest I am pretty much looking forward to it as its a chance to show people that the world of IT is not as fearful as what most people make it out to be!

We will be "mentoring" people at a very basic level, then once they have picked up enough knowledge they can go from there on their own to either college or some sort of higher education course.

I would say I am giving something back to the community but in essence most of the stuff I learned in IT I did it all myself. This is something that I would like to have put on my CV as well as have some sort of training experience under my belt. :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life