IT business courses

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Pete01, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

It's been mentioned several times that the importance of business awareness in IT. There seems to be a growing market for business savvy tekkies and it's getting too big to ignore.

Does anyone know of any courses/training providers/resources for developing business skills to compliment tekky skills and vice versa? I know there are university courses but my extensive to do list of certs doesn't leave much room for a degree.

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sorry Pete, other than the affore mentioned University courses I don't know of anything. You could do a short course at a university, it doesn't have to be a degree.

Whe it comes to being business aware I think that it would be very hard to be taught how to understand the business.

You need to look at the overall aspects of the business and where you fit into it, understand what it's core is, and how to get the best out of it. Where you fit into this picture, etc. This varies from business to business.

8)

3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)