IT and heating

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by juice142, Jan 9, 2008.

1. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

I've just attended a meeting in the warehouse to discuss moving the stock control bods. It seems that they are cold. When I get there they say that there aren't enough heaters and that the truck door is broken letting the cold air in. They want to move away from the door and nearer to the heaters. With the manager present, and a little prodding about network infrastructure changes and the amount of time it takes to achieve them (total BS on my part) it was decided that they would fix the door and see if they needed more heaters.

My suggestion to implement a firewall was pooh-poohed.

Give me strength. :rolleyes:

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

What you need is a couple of these. Stick it on heat and leave the door open :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

So, what you have is a "cold site" and they want to upgrade to a "hot site". I knew all that reading on disaster recovery would pay off one day :D

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

How about suggesting that you move the servers in front of the door. Then you get good cooling for the servers while they warm up the room for the guys.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

I try to reserve the hot air for the boardroom.

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009