1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

issue with services console in xp pro sp3

Discussion in 'Software' started by salv236, Dec 29, 2010.

  1. salv236

    salv236 Nibble Poster

    57
    0
    23
    i am currently experiencing a problem when i launch services i receive the message in the attachment, this occures in the extended option, i have already verified active x components in internet explorer which seem to be enabled, i tried the registry solution recommended by microsoft however the value was already 0 in the value of the key.

    Could anyone please help

    Thanks
     

    Attached Files:

    Certifications: none
    WIP: MCSE XP/2K3
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

    Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

    10,189
    296
    319
    Reset IE back to default perhaps?
     
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  3. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

    Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

    4,009
    186
    209
    There are two things I've found on this that you can try, as resetting IE settings may work temporarily, but the issue can come back.

    1 - try resetting the following DLLs:

    Softpub.dll
    Wintrust.dll
    Initpki.dll
    Urlmon.dll

    2 - install the files from the following OLEfix.zip - it contains a registry file that fixes this issue following a squiffy IE update from Microsoft.

    http://patch-info.de/IE/Downloads/OLEfix.zip
     
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. salv236

    salv236 Nibble Poster

    57
    0
    23
    Hello and thanks for your replies, i decided to restore the image with partimage.

    Thanks again for your time

    Best Regards

    Salv236
     
    Certifications: none
    WIP: MCSE XP/2K3

Share This Page

Loading...