ISO images download from web

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by HTF, Mar 26, 2010.

1. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

Hi,

I uploaded .ISO image to web server (W2K3, IIS6) but I cannot download (Error 404 page not found). I enabled directory browsing on this particular website and it's working with pictures .jpg extension but not with .ISO as it's trying to open the website, I changed the extension from .ISO to .ZIP and I was able to download it. How to enable it .ISO downloading directly? Like, for example on Centos website where I can download ISO images with no problems and it's also just a web link not FTP one.
    Any help much appreciate.

Regards

Certifications: A+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What permissions do you have on the website? Have you tried disabling the execute permission?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

[​IMG]

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

It may be something to do with MIME types, try adding the .iso extension.

Right click on the website that has the .iso files and then goto > properties > http headers > file types > new type.

....then enter .iso as extention, I think you have to use "X-Application/Attachment" as the mime type.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

Thank you for great help again ;)