Iseb cismp

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by sukhysd, Jun 8, 2012.

1. sukhysd

sukhysd New Member

Hi im new to the forum and was wondering if anyone can offer any advise with regards to studying for the ISEB BCS CISMP Security qualification

Is there any past papers available, I know you can get the book of amazon but is it merely enough the book on its own to pass a 100 question multiple choice exam?

Please advise greatly appreciated
    Thanks

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, please note that you do not need to duplicate your post, I have merged the two threads.

As for your question...

For the Certificate in Information Security Management Principles, I would just go for the recommended book: Information Security Management Principles: An ISEB Certificate

There is also a sample paper (with answer key) that you can download directly from the BCS, if you want more - you'll have to contact the BCS.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. sukhysd

sukhysd New Member

Wud the sample paper and book be sufficenct in your own view Have you done this mate? What realistic chance have I got from getting anything from BCS? Sorry for so many questions

4. Monkeychops

Monkeychops Kilobyte Poster

I'd imagine just the book would be sufficient for this. The exam questions aren't massively in depth and depending on your current experience you may even find it very easy.

5. sukhysd2

sukhysd2 New Member

Is there a need to go with a training provider or would self study be sufficent enough in order to pass the exam??

6. Monkeychops

Partially depends on your current level of knowledge and also are you any good at self studying?

It's a relatively entry level cert so would think the book plus a practice paper maybe should do the trick.

7. sukhysd2

sukhysd2 New Member

Hi I took the sample paper on BCS last night and scored 17/20 without even revising? Is it worthwhile at all doin this paper or movin onto a more advanced stage? i.e. to the practitioner stages from BCS?

8. Monkeychops

Only you can decide what's best really, what your reasons are for wanting to do it etc as you've not really said what your aims are and what you want out of it.

What do you do now, what level of experience/knowledge have you got in the area of security, why are you wanting to take the exam/gain the cert, what are you wanting to do going forward?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012