ISA firewall help needed

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Sparky, May 8, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I’ve just installed ISA 2004 on a Windows Small Business Server 2003 to run as a proxy server.

The client is interested in monitoring the websites visited by each of the employees however it doesn’t seem to be possible to do this in ISA. I can report on the top 10 web sites visited or the most traffic generated by a user but I cant report on URLs visited by a user.

Have I missed something in ISA that can do this or is there a 3rd party plug-in that can help? 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Fairly certain that ISA can do exactly that, Sparky, although it's something I've never got around to playing with yet.

You could always have a look at THIS ALTERNATIVE though :tune

:tongue

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I *think* I’ve seen the report I need in ISA 2000, I inherited that server though so it may of already had a plug-in installed.

Thanks for the link, could be an alternative to ISA for future projects. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Tsk Tsk Mr Murray! :p