Is Your Printer Wasting Your Ink and Money?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Nov 9, 2008.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I came across this article and thought it would be a subject we could alll relate to. I found the following particularly interesting:
    Here's the link:
    http://lifehacker.com/5074984/

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

In many cases, refilling ink cartridges is a bad idea. The print heads are designed to wear out around the same time the cartridge runs out of ink. Sure, they may last a bit longer, but you'll pay for it in terms of print quality.

If you really want to save money on printing -- especially photo printing -- you need to buy an Epson. The reason for this is that Continuous Flow System replacement technology is primarily available for Epson printers. It's definitely not available for the $h!+ HP/Lexmark/Dell printers you may have gotten rooked into buying. It's available for a limited number of Canon Pixma printers, but none of them are the interesting wide-format variety.

The only CFS systems you should consider are manufactured by MIS and are available at InkSupply.com. They invented it, they refined it, and they have the best quality inks available at the best prices. They are considered the only worthwhile CFS ink supplier by those who work the photo art show circuit.

I've converted my Epson Stylus Photo R1800 for Quadtone printing using Ultratone inks and QuadToneRIP software. My Epson Stylus Photo 4800 and 7500 are also converted over to CFS systems.

Continuous Flow technology is the only guaranteed way to reduce ink costs by 90% while getting rid of false empty warnings (chip resetting tech is included) and maintaining original manufacturer cartridge print quality (especially important for those who use archival pigments).

Bottom line: if you print a lot you want an Epson with a CFS installed. Nothing else.

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs