is this site a decent practice test site?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Fanatical, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Looking for practice test I cam across www.certquest.net and wondered if the MCDST test were any good/accurate or if the site was didgey in some way?

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Not sure certguard say they are investigating, so they are unsure wether its a braindump or not.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hmm, certguard.com says its still testing the site so personally i couldnt tell you and would proberbly stay away from it for a while until certguard gives it a yay or nay.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Ahhh damn your faster typing fingers GBL!!!!!:onthePC

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

heh heh I have just got up, I normally can't do anything first thing in the morning. :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Hmmm. For MCSA they have (drum roll please.... get ready... here it comes... ) 70-210, 215 and 218!
    Wow. That's about to be discontignued. I don't believe this site wil help you much.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  7. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Cheers guys, I'll search a little more. Is there any free or very cheap (ie sub £20ish) practice exam site/software anyone could recomend for the 271? I have the exam on Monday and I'm feeling a little fragile about certain aspects (networking mostly as well as some of the security and installations areas) and wuold just like to work out where I'm tripping up the most....

8. Tinus1959

With free exams mostly you get what you pay for. If you pay nothing you mostly get (almost) nothing. Don't expect very much for 20 pounds.
    Monday is coming soon so an alternative for reading is also not an option. What exactly are your weak points? Maybe we can help.

9. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hang on!:scratch if you get what you pay for and we give free advice what does that make our advice worth........:tune

10. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

If only i could be that specific. In general I'm finding the network stuff a problem but I know that is my weakest area.I was lucky with the A+ that it required less knowledge. Some of the terminology throws me as well but reading it over should sort that out. I'd benefit from doing question phrased in the style of the exam even If it was just for the next couple of days. I might try the heausre up 15 day online access package as if I did the same again for the 272 that'd only be £60 overall and I could live with that.

11. darius28

darius28 New Member

its ok but ciw is the old version so they should up 2 date their website.

WIP: CIW
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

With cheap or free exams, you tend to get only what you pay for... and sometimes, not even that.

Consider the cost of a high-quality exam simulator an investment in your career. If your career isn't worth that... then buy whatever. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

To be honest, I've considered charging for my IT career advice. What I freely give here is out of the goodness of my heart.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

'IT HR Consultant', sounds like an oxymoron. :twisted:
    How about 'IT-Guidance Counselor' :p

15. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

I plumped for 15 days access online to measureup's tests as that was the cheapest short term solution. seems ok from what I've done so far...

16. Tinus1959

Got me. Wait a minute for me to talk me out of this.....
    Yes!
    [smooth voice]
    But we are the gods, we are above the law, the rules don't stick to us. If we give free advise, it is so good, nobody would have enough money to pay for it, so we give it free, no charge. We are so good, we.
    [/smooth]
    pieeuw, I sometimes even believe myself:biggrin
    But serious, that is why I put the word 'mostly' in. For practice exam it is true most of the time.

17. zapski

zapski Bit Poster

Yea, I think Measure Up is quite good prep for exam, I'm using it in conjunction with some books/vidz - harder than actual exam I'm lead to believe. If you consistenly score above 80% then you're ready for the big one. Good luck.