Is this MySpace?

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by JukE, Sep 24, 2008.

1. JukE

JukE New Member

Well with that title who is not going to come in here ;)

Well, My Handle is JukE and Im a n00b. That might not be true but I am on the road to earning my MCSE and CCNA. Im a Network Administrator for the Army. I am in Iraq as of right now and will not be coming home until 2010. Witch this gives me alot of study time to learn everything I need to.

I have been right-clicking since I was around 13. Givin its 10 years later I've learned more advanced skills like how to save documents and use mspaint. I'll be around the forum for a while,.,., Laterz

Certifications: Army SkilSoft: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-299, 70-291,
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Thats one hell of a tour of duty! :eek:

Welcome. 8)

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!:)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I liked that, it made me laugh. :) Welcome to CF.

Oh and I'm sure you'll some day achieve your MCSE (Minesweeper Consultant Solitaire Expert). :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  10. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Hi Juke, Welcome to CF. Was just thinking today about IT in a military role (Not really for me I was just pondering in general)?

How do you find it?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  11. Taita

Taita Nibble Poster

Yeah, are you British Army or US? What would your day to day duties involve?

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  13. JukE

JukE New Member

Thanks for the welcome,

As for the post about the day to day duties of millitary "US ARMY" IT. Well when I first got to Ar Ramadi in Jan 2008, there was nothing but old CAT5 cable everywere. Since then I have installed, with only 4 people on my section, over 5 miles of cat5 cable and 2 miles of fiber. Working around 1000 member from 20ish units in Active Directory and Exchange server. But keep in mind Im talkin about two defferant networks. One of them witch is not the "Internet" but as big as the "internet" that I cant talk about.

Its been 8 months now and all i do is search the internet and every know and then remote into someones end system to fix an outlook problem or going there and troublshooting voip phones. Than and Im always finding my self wrighting vb scripts and e-mailing them to poeple while i watch them bitch about it....

I dont know why your computer wont logoff Sir...

Certifications: Army SkilSoft: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-299, 70-291,