Is there someone in microsoft i could contact regarding the 70-272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by matsjc, Jun 29, 2011.

1. matsjc

matsjc Bit Poster

good day i know the exam will be expiring after june 30 but the problem is im really sick right now and i dont think i can make it tom.. is there someone in microsoft i could talk to about this? thanks in advance..

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Very much doubt it, Microsoft already gave us 1 year's notice that the exam was going to be retired. Then extended the exam deadline from April to June. You could e-mail the MCP helpdesk and see what they say.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. matsjc

matsjc Bit Poster

@wagnerk

ouch..:( anyway thanks for the reply. this would really suck if i don't get to take the exam tom..:cry:

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Absolutely no way mate. Getting hold of anyone in MS is a nightmare.
    Even if you could, the exams are run by Prometric which further complicates matters.

Bad luck, that really sucks.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Have you tried re-scheduling it with Prometric? I know there is an expiry date in this case, but they may still let you re-book it for say in a weeks time?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. matsjc

matsjc Bit Poster

@modey

i just checked it now clicking the rescheduling and cancelling link in prometric and it said i don't have any exam i could resched or cancel.

oh well.. i feel a bit better now and hopefully i could take the exam tomorrow properly..

7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yeah, well it's got to be more than 24hrs before the exam in order to rebook. Good that you are feeling better tho, I'm sure you'll be fine and GL!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
  8. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

Depending on how ill you are, you may as well have a crack anyway. Even if you find you can't sit through it and have to leave half way at least you can say to yourself you had a go.

Don't want to be thinking tomorrow night "prob could have done it actually, damn..."

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  9. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

Phone the prometric Customer services line and explain. They would have a policy on sickness and as you booked it before..

Certifications: CCNA | HND | 70-646
  10. matsjc

matsjc Bit Poster

thank you Lord for bringing my fever down late last night. :) i manage to take the exam today and passed it. I scored 805.

11. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  12. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Well done. I took the 70-640 when I was ill and I don't remember most of it, I managed to pass though.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  13. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Congratulations!

14. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  15. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good for you!! congrats :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  16. matsjc

matsjc Bit Poster

thank you guys i wouldn't have passed both exams if it weren't for your helpful posts in this forums. anyway my next target maybe 70-682 or net+/a+ but ill go find work first so i can fund the next exam i'm going to take. again thank you very much for the help. :)

17. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well done!
    Glad you made it.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  18. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

congrats :)

Certifications: CCNA | HND | 70-646
  19. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Well done once again! Something about those MCDST tests. I was deathly ill for one of them as well and I barely scraped through with a pass myself. Congrats!

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  20. UnaRobertson

UnaRobertson New Member

Thanks for sharing!