1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there much difference in the difficulty between 70-291 and 70-293?

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Roach, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Roach

Roach Bit Poster

What the topic says really, I passed my 70-291 with a score of 880 (resit) and have been studying for the 70-293 with hopes of taking it in the next week or two.

I can't seem to guage much more studying I need. I have a good grasp of pretty much all the topics and was wondering how others have found one exam to the next?

Certifications: MCSA:ME, A+, Server+, HP APS, VCP4
    WIP: MCITP
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I think now is a good time then to start using a test prep like MeasureUp or Transcender. They would both give you a rough idea if your ready and what structure of exam is like.

Best wishes and lets know how you get on.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Sorry mate - I've done neither.
    But if there wasn't a difference, it would be the same exam!

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good point :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Roach,

After a quick look at the objectives, it looks like the 291 covers the theory behind networking, compared to Planning it for an environment in 293.

Good luck!

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Roach

Roach Bit Poster

Cheers guys, what I was wondering was if there a step up or down in difficulty level as I failed 70-291 the first time by 20 points then had to study like mad for another 4 weeks before I felt I was ready to resit it.

I know I have already covered all the course objectives and all the knowledge from the last exam is still kicking about in my head as a backup.

This time round though I wanna make sure I am fully prepared to pass 1st time and I don't know if I am ready or not yet.

I have the transcenders and will be going through them before the actual exam. Actually to date I have never managed to pass a transcender exam but I find them much harder than the exams themselves.

Certifications: MCSA:ME, A+, Server+, HP APS, VCP4
    WIP: MCITP