Is there a requirement for taking a CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician?

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by lesiza, Aug 2, 2013.

1. lesiza

lesiza New Member

I am a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology graduate.

I would love to get certified with CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician.

Is there a requirement before I can take the exam? And how much does it cost?

What kind of jobs can I get?

Please help.

Thanks!

Certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional, Certified Cabling Test Technician
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You can see the Comptia page on this exam, including what it covers here.

As for the price, I would say create an account with Vue and then go half-way thru the process of booking the exam (cancel out once you come to the page with the price on, if you do not want to book/pay for it). You should then know the price :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. lesiza

lesiza New Member

So you mean I need to take the CompTIA A+ certification before I can take the CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician Certification?

Certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional, Certified Cabling Test Technician
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No, however it is recommended.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. darrel_russell

darrel_russell New Member

There are online courses that prepare you for CompTIA certification and they are affordable Check out Career Step's website. They will show you their rates and an overview of what you will learn. Then you can decide whether you're better off studying on your own or with some of their guidance. Hope it all works out for you without costing an arm and a leg.