is there a monitor stand guru out there who could help me please?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamilla66, Dec 17, 2010.

1. jamilla66

jamilla66 New Member

i am after a monitor stand for my HP LCD monitor, now the only HP ones that i can see are these big scary ones will all the scrws etc involved here http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/computer/categories/docking_solutions/1/accessories/T03840 and here http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Computers,Monitors,Monitor-stand i am almost 100% likely to think i have screwed this in and for, about 3 days later, the whole monitor to come crashing down on me (like that guy in that advert from last year with the wall mounted telly he tries to do himself... yeh thats basically me!) so my question/s is/are are there compatible stand with no screws on them? does a stand even have to be compatible? can i just buy a little fame thingy? are there men who will install a monitor stand for me? or is that a step too far? or is there a genuinely idiotproof guid to setting up the screwy ones?

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Places like Argos, Currys and PC world will sell universal stands. Universal meaning that any monitor will fit on them.

I can't guarantee that there wont be any screws though but you can get universal stands where the TV/monitor just slides on and no building is involved. Just ask the shop assistants if they have one that doesn't need screws.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Virtually all monitors should have 4 holes at the back that are a standard size and width apart this is a standard called VESA. You will see stuff like standard VESA mount compatible etc etc.

I got two of these for my monitors at work as they had absolutely no adjustment.

They are really easy to fit and generally only require you to do the screws up finger tight using the kind of screws you can do up with your fingers.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA