1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a list of IT Job Titles?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by cactus, Feb 15, 2006.

1. cactus

cactus Bit Poster

Hi All, :D

Sounds like a silly question, I know, as jobs are very rarely clearly defined...

Is there a list anywhere which gives a broad outline of skills needed or required knowledge / experience for a particular IT role?

The reason I ask is that I am searching for an entry level position in order to pursue a career in networking but am strugling to search with the right keywords on job websites.

My background is telecoms and now with a recent CCNA qualification, I am trying to match up my skills and experience to an entry level job in IT.

I have tried the route of trying to get into NOC and ISP but have been told that it is hard with no experience so I am now trying to back-peddle to a lower job but not sure where to look / what to look for. :blink

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Cactus.

Certifications: HNC Elect & Tcomms, CCNA, ITIL Fndtn, CCNP BCMSN, CCNP ROUTE
    WIP: CCNP TSHOOT, CCNA Security
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

you might find this site useful...

TCC

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. cactus

cactus Bit Poster

Thanks Zimbo!

I'll have a peep when a get a moment...

Cactus.

Certifications: HNC Elect & Tcomms, CCNA, ITIL Fndtn, CCNP BCMSN, CCNP ROUTE
    WIP: CCNP TSHOOT, CCNA Security