1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a list of IT Acronyms available?

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Ross, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Ross

Ross Bit Poster

Hiya, I am working my way through the A+ and learning the various different Acronyms on the Course. Is there a definitive list available of the Acronyms I can buy or download, it would just save me keep going back to the Glossary of Terms each time.

Has anybody ever created one of these?​

Certifications: I.T NVQ Levels 1 and 2, ECDL, A+, SDI, Senior SDI, ITIL, NVQ Management L3
    WIP: CompTIA N+
  2. Ross

Ross Bit Poster

I did a search on the forum for this and could not find anything; once I posted the thread it gave me a link to some. Sorry for duplication! ​

Certifications: I.T NVQ Levels 1 and 2, ECDL, A+, SDI, Senior SDI, ITIL, NVQ Management L3
    WIP: CompTIA N+
  3. St. Even

St. Even Bit Poster

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Isn't it just as easy to refer to the glossary as it is a list of acronyms?

I tend to use webopedia when I want to look up a quick definition, although they can at times be a bit of a nuisance like defining 'page file' as a 'file used for paging'.

They have got some articles that go quite a bit more in depth yet at an easy to understand level.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. ooberman

ooberman Bit Poster

This may be what you are looking for Click here

This helped me a lot when I was studying for the A+. I added a few categories myself with the laser printing process and common printer problems and the most probable causes.

Give it a go :)

gez

Certifications: A+
    WIP: ???