Is the MCSE going?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by asoe209, Sep 8, 2010.

1. asoe209

asoe209 Nibble Poster

I was just reading an email from a mate of mine and they said the MCSE is being fazed out is this try as I thought this was a good cert to have.

In fact ill show you the email, and may be you could advise on what there saying.

Certifications: City & Guilds level PC repar 1 & 2
    WIP: Comptia A+
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

The MCSE will vanish over time, its a server 2003 certification so as Microsoft try and move things along with server 2008 and 2008 R2 the old 2003 exams will be retired.

Its replacement is the MCITP track for server 2008.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

At this point, however, the MCSE is still the most widely recognized Microsoft certification. So even though it will no longer be available after the Server 2003 exams retire at some point in the future, the certification itself will still be valid and will still be valuable for many years to come.

4. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Precisely this, its also worth noting that a huge number of the MCSE exams are yet to be marked for retirement so there is still time yet for those who want to earn the cert.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep. And I would encourage those who are deciding which path to take to go ahead and knock out the MCSA/MCSE. Once it's gone, it's gone. You can set yourself ahead of your competition by having it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!