Is Microsoft trying to steal Britney Spear's music?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Oct 25, 2007.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Why do I ask? Because it seems MS is going to be singing, Oops I did it again, rather shortly. :biggrin

Take a look here to see what I'm talking about.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

on this occasion Freddy, I will agree with u...its harsh...thats bad...very bad

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. ffreeloader

Well, I guess the world comes to an end tomorrow. Noel just agreed with me. :biggrin:biggrin:twisted:

4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

That explains where that sodding indexer has come from!!!!! Appeared in my systray this morning and on the task bar too!!! Cheeky b*stards!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  5. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I've just removed that b*stard from the start up!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Anyone else using Office 2007?

The indexer seems to install with that.
    I removed it, and it spackered up the search function in Outlook.
    The only way I could find to fix it was to re-install the indexer.

:x

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I'm using it and you have the choice whether to install it or not. It seems to me that people don't read the notifications properly, click okay and just install it. then they wonder why these things happen. When you install office 2007 you also have the choice to download and install files and patches to fix/help/improve office 2007. If you say yes to this and also install the WDS to start with, then (so I understand) the improved patche gets installed automatically.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. ffreeloader

That's one possible reason why, but there are also complaints from admins that this was installed network-wide when only a very few machines on the network had WDS installed to begin with. It was even pushed to headless DC's, on which no one in their right mind would want something like WDS installed.

This was not just a problem for people who can't, or don't, read the documentation. Quite a few admins who run networks with thousands of machines in them reported this was pushed even though they said they had not OK'ed this, and that they were in the habit of closely monitoring, and choosing, what WSUS can push out. It doesn't seem to have been a consistent result across all networks.