Is it worth taking the BTEC in Computer Engineering?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by kvncooper, Jan 4, 2010.

1. kvncooper

kvncooper New Member

I'm looking to get into the IT industry and my plan of action is to take the BTEC in Computer Engineering (http://www.kanduit.co.uk), followed quickly by the CompTIA A+.

Before I spend my hard earned £280, I would like to ask this community if it would add any real value to my CV when applying for IT positions?

To the layman, BTEC in Computer Engineering sounds impressive, but to an IT employer?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Personally, I would say yes, go for it :) It's always better to be qualified, than not... Plus when I looked at it last year, the syllabus covered the requirements for the A+.

Not everyone who works in IT has an "IT" employer, unless you work for a company that does IT as a main business, you're not going to have an IT employer (you may have an IT manager though).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security