Is it worth it

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by alamb200, Jan 19, 2010.

1. alamb200

alamb200 New Member

Hi,

I am looking at starting to get some of my old certifications back up to date and am considering doing the 70-640/83-640 route and was going to buy the Microsoft books to study with.

As well as this I was considering buying the Exam Cram book for the same exam this way hopefully I do not miss anything out when studying. Is this worthwhile or can you suggest other learning materials which would be more benificial?

Daft as it sounds but I need to keep the financial side to a minimum when buyng materials because the finances are tight.

Any help greatfully received.

Thanks

Alamb200

2. Danshand

Danshand Nibble Poster

I recently sat the 83-640 and used MS Press self based training kit and followed through all the labs and questions. Additionally I used the CBT nuggets video training.

Certifications: Many.
    WIP: MCITP, ITIL
  3. alamb200

alamb200 New Member

What are CBT nuggets?

Was the exam as hard as I imagine after around 6 years since my las MS exam?

alamb200

4. Danshand

Danshand Nibble Poster

CBT Nuggets is a company which offers video based training, its really very good. I thought the exam was going to be very tough so I took extra care to make sure I was ready for it, and ended up scoring very high.

I would treat this exam as a difficult one, and put lots of practise in!

Certifications: Many.
    WIP: MCITP, ITIL
  5. alamb200

alamb200 New Member

I kind of thought it would be, just had a look at the CBT nuggets website unfortunately they are out of my financial league so I will just have to study the books harder.

Thanks