Is it wise to skip MCSA windows 8?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Juelz, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Oh, and many of my customers at the moment are on Windows 7 with no plans to move to Windows 8. Just the IT department uses Windows 8, but everyone else, on Windows 7.

Also remember, for large organizations, it's difficult to just up and move to a new operating system, that's why the evaluation criteria for the OS is really critical. Major user impact! As I always say, when it comes to EUC, you better be sure you have all of your angles covered and that the OS is capable of providing the same user experience or better! Windows 8, will require most users who are used to Windows 7 get adjusted and so that's one of the disadvantages that often holds back these migrations.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. Willum

Willum New Member

How many of the Windows 7 exams are still available, though? I thought I read a few weeks ago, having had the same thought processes that others have earlier in this topic, that a number of the Windows 7 exams had been retired.

3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I'm not sure on that one I wouldnt expect that to be the case.. didn't they just rename the exams? @SimonD would know more than me.

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I would love to say I do know but I stopped really looking at the MS exams a while ago, VMware all the way baby.

I can tell you that there doesn't appear to be anything for the 70-680 exam but I can advise you that 70-681 exam is set to expire at the end of July.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Juelz likes this.
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Oh wow they are retiring the 98-349.. I didnt think they would be doing that anytime soon.... Im currently studying for it. It doesn't make sense retireing windows 7 exams when its being used by a considerable amount of people.. unless this is their way of pushing new OS on us.

Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Agreed, I can never understand MS.
    They stopped the MCDST for XP 5 years before they stopped supporting XP.

Doesnt make sense to me.