Is it me or......

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Boycie, May 15, 2005.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Is it me or is web design easier to get into than PC support/Networking?
    I know of 2 people who recently (within 3 weeks of each other) landed themselves nice starting jobs with a reasonable salary too :eek:

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

Seems to be an increasing number of web design vacancies where I live m8 though they dont pay much.

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Ant,

I hope to go down the networking road.
    The two people I know of who just started their jobs have no experience with web design in a business environment (but have completed a C.I.W course).

Regards

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

When I get my CIW I set myself up as self employed and stuck ads in the yellow pages, had some cards printed etc.
    It was something to to while I was studying. I was quite surprised by the response. Small stuff mind, but more than I was expecting. I also had quite a few calls from other freelance designers looking for someone to help them with something or other. I still keep in touch with them, and every now and then do a little job for one. It's all good experience. One guy does actually earn a modest living as a self-employed designer.

I have to point out that things aren't always rosy, I had quite a few calls from unemployed and redundant designers looking for work.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. Hello World

Hello World Nibble Poster

I see a hell of a lot more stuff for web design then i do for networking and stuff, thats for sure.

I guess high end tech stuff you gotta work your way up to, any idiot can use dreamweaver and flash well if they have some artistic talent.

P.S Sorry if that offended anyone too bad =p

WIP: CCNA 1, IT Essentials 1(A+)