Is GTA4 worth the hype...and why?

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by IThurts, May 2, 2008.

?

GTA4 Worth the hype and a 10 score?

1. YES...oh HELL YEAAAAAAAAA

41.7%
  2. Its Alright

29.2%
  3. Whats all the hype for??Its not worth a 10 at all.

20.8%
  4. Its f***** crud.

8.3%
  1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You're likely right - although I haven't played GTA4 yet, I suspect that cell phone functionality has increased quite a bit. :) Thanks for the info!!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

No prob!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. IThurts

IThurts Kilobyte Poster

After much playing with this game, i can conclude that i do actually like it alot. As far as picking up and expecting something great, well....meh. But as you get a bit more comfortable with the game itself, things like ragdoll physics and the way people react, endless driving down the strip, just sitting in a car chilling, those are the things that make this game speacil.

Just wish i could make my vote different:oops:

Certifications: BTEC national Diploma Computer Studies
    WIP: See Sig
  4. warrmr

warrmr Byte Poster

I would like to argue with the fact the car is useless after the engine dies.

try this next time it happens, wopp out your phone dial 911 and press option 1 for the police then all of a sudden the car starts up bingo your up and running again.

I havent tried calling the fire brigade when the car starts smokeing thats the next thing.

Certifications: MCP 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA + Messaging, MCSE + Security
  5. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Slightly off topic.

I am glad to see this game is due a release on the PC, end of November.
    Check it out

I never upgraded my PS2 to another console because the only two games I did play were GTA and MOH series. For that I may as well use my PC for gaming.

I'm looking forward to playing GTA again!

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  6. armouredcrack

armouredcrack Bit Poster

I felt they spoilt it by taking away alot of things from san andreas. I also thought it was too hyped so when you eventually played it you were like....oh is that it.

All in all still a great game. I was just disappointed with the things they took away like flying planes and buying houses and business's although that was more or less taken away after vice city.

Alot of good new features tho and i still enjoyed playing the game :D

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  7. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I used to like playing the GTA games. Though my love affair with them stopped at the peak of their popularity (Vice City).

Right now I am looking forward to buying a Wii and getting Let's Tap on import.

Slapping shoeboxes to make you do stuff on the screen is original and brilliant. Boring, unoriginal, formulaic games are not original and brilliant.

*walks off humming the Let's Tap theme that has been in his head all week* :tune:police:tune:police:tune:police:yep

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  8. Rheinkraft

Rheinkraft Bit Poster

I must say I feel there is something missing with gta 4, but it just hasent got the same feeling of when I first played gta 2 on the ps2....