1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is A+ Certification necessary?

Discussion in 'A+' started by adnan.sharif, Nov 21, 2008.

1. adnan.sharif

adnan.sharif Banned

Hi all,
    I am thinking about to do A+ Certification. For this purpose I visited many websites like xxx link removed xxx and
    xxx link removed xxx etc for inforamation about A+ Certification.

I also read about CompTIA's A+ certification .
    So I have also in my mind to do MCSE . So anyone can help me that other institutions also offer A+ Certification.
    then Why CompTIA's A+ certification is necessary?

Anyone can give me any suggestions will be appreciated.

With Regards,
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hi there. Firstly the two sites that you've mentioned are both braindump sites and so should be avoided at all costs. Check http://www.certguard.com/ if you'd like to check the validity of genuine training websites.

There are multiple threads and posts on this forum which will provide you with all of the information you require and I for one am not going to spoon-feed you.

In answer to your question; CompTia's A+ certification isn't necessary per se, but it's advised people get it because:-

• It's a vendor neutral exam
    • It's an excellent base qualification for an I.T support role
    • It's proof that you understand basic concepts
    • It's well known by potential employers

There are four reasons, pick your favourite :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good answer Qs.

Taken together with the Network + (which gives you a good grounding in networking) you will have a very solid base in hardware, software and networking skills and concepts.
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

and just to add the MCSE shouldn't be taken unless you have 12-18 months supporting a multi user multi site environment.
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

Adnan has already been to CertGuard. His reception there was, you might say, less than desirable.