Iron Man

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Mar 28, 2008.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I was a big comic book fan back in the day and that included Iron Man. The Golden Avenger is about to make his big screen appearance in a few weeks and I found this slide show with scenes from the movie. Thought it would be interesting:

http://movies.yahoo.com/slideshows/generic/ironmanbig.html

Enjoy.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Yep, this movie is on my anticipated list! Here is the trailer for you if you haven't seen it:

CLICK!

I have to say though, initially I was not impressed with the forthcoming SPEED RACER until I saw the trailers for it, now I am very geared up for that too! If you're excited for Iron Man, you might want to check that one out too!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Will be trying to organise a group night out with my mates when Iron Man gets released :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Excellent, i have been waiting for the release date of this film ever since I saw the teaser trailer!
    :biggrin

Q) does anyone know if there will be another X-men film?

I had a look on google but couldn't find anything???:biggrin

Also Q) what was your favourite superhero and do you know of any superhearo's that haven't been made into a film or TV series.:blink:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

So far there's no rumours for another X-men movie. However there is a X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie due out in 2009 (approx).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

In all honesty it shouldnt be called X-Men Origins. It's more about Wolverine than anything else. Nothing to do with X-Men at all. But yeah looks very good.

Iron Man alongside The Dark Knight and Indy 4 will be the biggest movies of this year...of course I reckon Speed Racer will do well...

But I wet myself after watching all the trailers for Iron Man and thought ooooh...bring it on baby! :biggrin

And my favourite superhero is and will always be Superman. But one other superhero I want to see come to the big screen (and it may happen at some point) is The Flash. He is my 2nd favourite superhero...I mean yeah it would be nice to have Superman's powers but if I could have one it would be the ability to move faster than the speed of light...woohoo :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Your dreams have come true...28 years ago!!

FLASH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! etc etc...

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Actually, when I was a kid, Green Lantern was one of my favorites (I was always a sucker for that "In Brightest Day..." oath). There was something about putting on the ring and always that 24 hour count down until you either recharged or ran out of juice. You could do *anything* as long as you had the will power.

Green Lantern has never been made into a TV show (other than occasional appearences on "Super Friends") or movie, yet I think there's tremendous potential, there...especially if you take it back to the "original" Hal Jordan concept (I'm of course, leaving out Alan Scott, who was Green Lantern decades earlier, but with a completely different basis for his power).

It could be a great trilogy with "Emerald Dawn", a film based on the origins and early adventures, then the second film, adapted from the "Return of Superman" series, climaxing in the destruction of Coast City, GL's hometown, then the final film "Emerald Twilight" with Hal taking on the Green Lantern Corp (after he snaps), in his attempt to gain enough power to "set the universe right" by first, taking all the power rings from all Green Lanterns everywhere, then absorbing the power from the main power battery on OA, destroying the Guardians, and becoming Parallax.

Anyway...just my idea of fun. :wink:

EDIT: Oh yeah...the Flash (Barry Allen) TV Series was very good. Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker, the voice of the Joker in the Batman Animated Series) played one of his arch enemies, the Trickster.

[​IMG]

10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks for the link wagnerk:thumbleft

The reason why I ask is there's seems to be a large part of the story missing. In the sense where the xmen encounter the silver surfer and a planet-eating space God known as Galactus. With huge robots. There was a cartoon series showing the future of xmen with Wolverine fighting the robots. In the X-men 3 film you saw Wolverine fighting a Giant robot at the begining.

Just wondered if they would make this into a film? I know they have already done that for the Fantastic 4. But it wasn't as good as the x-men version.:biggrin8)

11. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

ha ha ha :p Although it's the wrong link to Flash and does show the new monkey trailer from PG tips. That's excellent it's worth clicking on the link to to see the trailer!:biggrin

12. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Here is one version of Flash, although I thought in the comics it was a yellow costume he wore and not red??:blink

[​IMG]

Source8)

13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Oopps :oops: just seen that link, blimey they made it into a TV series as well as a film.:rolleyes:

14. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I never knew that - Mark Hamil was the voice of the joker!!:ohmy:biggrin

Green lantern ..I thought that was played by Bruce lee in the 60's??:blink

15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Actually, Barry's wife's nephew Wally West became Kid Flash in a duplicate of the same fantastic accident that gave Barry his powers and Wally's costume was yellow (after Barry died, Wally took up the Flash identity, complete with red costume).

Professor Zoom was actually a time traveler from the future who used an artificial means to give himself Flash-like powers. He travelled back to Barry's era on several occasions as the "Reverse Flash", complete with yellow costume. He's the guy who ultimately murder's Barry's wife Iris and is the only villain that Barry actually stops by killing him.

Could that be what you're thinking of?

EDIT: Bruce Lee played "Kato" in the 1960s TV version of Green Hornet. Green Hornet was a guy with no super powers and who pretended to be a bad guy, using a special car and a cane that emitted a sonic beam as weapons to fight crime. Under the mask, he was a newspaper publisher who had an asian "houseboy" named Kato. When he became Green Hornet, Kato (who never changed his name when he put on his mask) was his driver and his sidekick who had a talent for the martial arts (hence being played by Lee).

Needless to say, I'm a huge comic book and superhero fan from *way* back.

16. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Otherwise known as the Sentinels. Galactus wasnt given a proper introduction in Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer...but I would doubt they would make another X-Men movie just for that...but then you never know...

But Trip, I do agree, Green Lantern should get his own movie and in fact I think that might be happening too along with The Flash...of course there is a Justice League movie happening but that is showing serious signs of being a shambles with the whole production going up in the air and no one can still confirm who is playing who in the film...which is a total shame cos it has big potential and I am a big fan of Justice League as I have the comics and have watched the animated programs in the last 3 yrs...get it sorted George Miller :biggrin

17. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster