ipod stuff

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxspectrum, Feb 4, 2008.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Does anyone know of a program that i could put on my nano so i could play ordinary mp3 files without having to convert them through i tunes and so that i could just drag and drop tunes on willy nilly.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

What do you mean by "convert them through iTunes"? My iPod plays mp3s just fine with no conversion process at all in iTunes. I can drag and drop mp3s using iTunes just fine. If iTunes doesn't work, WinAmp supports the iPod.

3. zxspectrum

Well i have media player 11 which is my default player, normally my old player, a samsung ypu1 would be able to drag across and drop etc. Now with the i pos i cant do that, i have to convert them through i tunes media player then put them onto my ipod. Its a bit of a ballache to be converting them as i have a fair bit of music. ill look into winamp.

Just thinknig would it be that windows media payer plays wma files ?? Just checked and more or less everything is in mp 3 format??

Ed

4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

As I recall, ITunes asks if you want to convert to AAC, but for mp3's its not necessary.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

if some of the music stuff you have are in .wma format then yes you will have to convert them to .mp3 to work in iTunes, although saying that I am sure iTunes should be able to play them without an issue. Have you tried just playing a .wma file iTunes and does it actually play or does it throw up an error of some kind saying it needs to be converted? If that be the case then thats you're only option...of course one program I could recommend to do a batch of conversions is dBPowerAmp. Speak to my mate Google and he will show you where to get it from. This has helped me in the past when I wanted to change the bitrate of certain songs :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Itunes may be able to play wma files, but I know for a fact that IPods wont. WMA's will need to be converted to either AAC, or MP3 to be played on the Nano itself.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. zxspectrum

Cheers Fergal, i thought that was the case.

Ed