1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhones?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I recently jumped on the iPhone bandwagon and got myself a 4s (yes I'm late to the party) anyway I was wondering whether my phones is dogey or whether iPhones actually do have terrible battery life.. I use it, and whilst looking through a few aps in the space of a minute 1-2% will drop in battery life, this cant be normal can it? I got the phone refurbished so I'm skeptical.

WIP: bit of this bit of that
  2. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

On my 6+ I can go a couple of days without charging it, that can include 4 x 62mile commutes and using wireless rather than 3/4g for data.
    My wifes old 4s would sometimes last less than 6 hours on a full charge, going through the Apple Diagnostics it was obvious that the battery needed replacing.

Have a look here to run some diagnostics - https://getsupport.apple.com/Issues.action

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
    Juelz likes this.
  3. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

thats about right on a 4s

since i got my 6 - it's been alot better

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

TBH I am only trialing it, I don't get the hype with iPhones tbh I don't get what there USP is really. Android seems alot better IMO in terms of apps. I only got it because the camera quality on the 4S is amazing and I was actually going to buy a digital camera. I paid around £80 for it and tbh its in perfect condition not a single scratch people have assumed its brand new. The owner said he had it for ages but actively used it for less than a month then left it in the box.

5. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I prefer the iPhone to android. Before i got the iphone 6 - i had an LG G3.

I just like the feel and ease of use of the iphone, i find it flow a lot better in terms of scrolling around and browsing, especially using messaging and keyboard i prefer.

Each to their own i guess :)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  6. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

I have owned iPhones since the 3GS came out, I spent a year owning a HTC One and couldn't wait to get off it (I had gotten bored with IOS at the time). I prefer the simplisticness of the iPhone tbh, there were things that the HTC One just couldn't do (for example notifications seemed to be beyond the HTC shell's capabilities).

I have the 6+ at the moment and am really happy with it, depending on what happens with the 6S I may even just stay with the 6+ until the 7 comes out (although don't hold your breath ;))

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  7. Yinfusa

Yinfusa New Member

That's about right on a 4s

8. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I've now managed to compare my 4S battery life with my sisters and its more or less the same