Iphone problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zxspectrum, Aug 13, 2011.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ive had a look around the net, but cant seem to find anything specific, so here goes

My iphone is registered to 2 computers, however, i have reformatted this computer im on at the mo, but what i want to do is still be able to sync up all my music, however, when i try i get the ,message telling me il only have the songs in the library, but the ones in the iphone itself, would effectively be erased, which i dont want as theres quite a few.

Is there anyway around this, can i unregister the phone from the computer wthout losing al the songs and so that i can sync and then add new songs as i wish???

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

iTunes is annoying in that aspect... When the iPhone/iPod are connected to new computers or computers that were just reinstalled, they complain about not being associated. Have you tried Authorizing first before plugging the iPhone? What I've done in the past is backup the iTunes profiles then put them back when I reinstall the OS or on to the new computer. That seems to have done the trick before.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

you could use media monkey (I think that's its name, I dont use it) to pull all the music, etc off the iPhone, and rebuild your itunes library before syncing the iPhone. That should stop you losing your music.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

I had one of those annoyances as well back when I had my iPhone. Lost my synced music when I chose the option to be able to manage the phone from multiple computers... ahhh, was some time back, can't recall exactly what it involved, but it just felt a bit draconian to have the phone "locked" to a single computer in its default configuration.

One of my cars (the Audi) has a similar issue with the onboard stereo system whereupon you can 'only' import music to the onboard harddisk, but cannot copy music off the disk back to an SD card. blah... silliness.

Got fedup with the iPhone when it suddenly decided to deauthorize all my apps/games, even the ones I paid for. Another silly 'security' measure or something which requires another full sync and reauthorization with the appstore to get the phone working again. Was kind of the straw the broke the camels back for me, the phone had been getting buggier and slower with time and so I told myself that was it and I won't use it anymore.

Coincidentally, just updated my WP7 to Mango, trying to discover all the new little features they've hidden within the updated OS, it was fast before, and now it's even faster :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM