IPAD 2 - Considering getting one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by onoski, Apr 9, 2011.

1. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

At last finally got the ipad for my birthday as wife wanted to treat me so couldn't decline. Yippee! please recommend some apps especially a media player app, scanner app and pdf reader app as I'd be using this to study on my commute to and from work.

Time would be of the essence as baby arrives in less than 80 days going to be a dad for the first time excited and nervous at the same time:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  2. diesel

diesel Bit Poster

The VLC app would have taken care of all your video needs, but Apple have band it. Try Goodplayer for the video files.

3. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

I hate it! Been converting some Cbt's to mp4 format last night, which is one of the very few supported formats. Just tried to sync it and it wouldn't let me. Can't sync video's because the ipad won't play it...

Good thing I got it for free, cause I would never spend that much money for such an overrated piece of crap... Get an android tab instead...

Btw: cloudreaders is great as an ereader app...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
    Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Got myself an Acer Iconia W500 (for those that don't know) as an alternative to the iPad.

Plus sides: It runs Windows 7, so what will play on the PC/laptop will play on this - no conversion needed. Touch screen and screen flips - however it does have a lock to keep it in place.

Negative sides: It runs Windows 7, it's not as easy to use as I was hoping for. Waiting for the release of Windows 8 (and no, I'm not going to install the pre-beta on a working machine that I use alot) for the table interface. Added to that, it is slightly heavier than an iPad.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security