Inventor Of Cubicle Admits They Are A Bad Idea!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Mar 9, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

http://money.cnn.com/2006/03/09/magazines/fortune/cubicle_howiwork_fortune/index.htm?cnn=yes

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. unemployedstudent

unemployedstudent Byte Poster

The 'modern' dark satanic mills, however better than some 'open plan' designs which I've had the misfortune to work in over the years. :cry:

Certifications: BAISA(hons) Degree, ECDL.
    WIP: A+, CompTIA N+, CCNA
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

I agree, it all depends of who you are working with and the atomsphere... some times open plan can be a nightmare cuz you cant speak as you would (managers and all that) and sometimes when you next to someone who just does your head in and you really wanna kick the $hi7 out of them, then a cubicle is better...

4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I've never seen a cubicled office in the UK. Has anyone?

Our office is open plan but until recently, more senior managers had their own offices. However, our MD visted HM Treasury where everyone is in an open plan situation and decided if it's good enough for the government...

Now we have to be a bit more careful about who sees us doing what :( . On the plus side, from where I sit, I can see what our MD does on his Dell 30 inch LCD all day - Internet shopping mostly. Something to hold against him in the future maybe?

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270