Introduction

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Fergal1982, May 4, 2004.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Hey guys, Fergal from Aberdeen, Scotland here. just registered with the forum and thought i would give a general introduction. im 21, recently recieved the A+ course from Micro2000 (with the complete diagnostic toolkit they offer) and hope to complete the course ASAP. im part way through the hardware book so far, and whilst im not 100% on the course yet, its certainly interesting.

i chose the A+ course mainly because i have no formal qualifications within the IT field, despite being quite proficient with computers in general, and because i recently decided that i really didnt like my degree course (genetics). hopefully, this course will help me break into IT. i intend for it to be the first of many qualifications i pick up, but thats for the future.

Anyway, just saying HI!!!!! :lol:

Fergal

Moderator Note SimonV: Moved to New Members Introduction Forum

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Hi Fergal, welcome to Certforums. Are you still on your degree course or have you completed it ?

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi Fergal and welcome to CertForums. Take your time, have a look around and join in where you can.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi Fergal welcome to the forum. Something to think about would be to finish your degree in genetics and then IT. There is quite a lot of work for people with experience in both areas in bioinformatics.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi there Fergal nice you could join us in our little part in the IT ether. :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Hi Fergal

Welcome and Enjoy!!

:D

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome Fergal. The A+ cert is an excellent place to start. I have a particular fondness for hardware (all those buttons and lights that really work...). :wink: Don't forget to visit the A+ and Hardware forums (well...visit them all, but those two will be the most relevant starting out). Glad you're hear. We all look forward to your contributions to the board. Ask plenty of questions. It keeps us on our toes. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Fergal - welcome to our Site.

Good luck with your studies and hopefully you'll hang around and contribute to our Community :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Hi Fergal and welcome to the site! :wink:

Is Fergal your forname or surname - interesting - never heard it before - where does it come from/what does it mean?

Glad you could join us - I notice that the others have not yet made you aware of the chat room - opens every Thursday evening at 7pm - usually general mayhem but a good laugh and opportunity to get to know everyone better - if you dare! :eek: :oops:

PS - are you aware that Mike Myers has agreed to do an email interview for the site - the deadline for the questions is tomorrow!!! See http://www.certforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1917 for more details and to post any questions that you may have!

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  10. Fergal1982

thanks guys. fergal is my first name, fergal1982 (my forum name) is an amalgamation of my name and the year of birth. its actually an irish name (though i cringe to mention it, think fergal sharkie). my last names reilly - proper irish name through and through - im scottish by birth, but irish by blood, if you get me, lol.

ill have to stop in by the chat room when i next get the chance, sounds like fun!

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  11. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Interesting! Do you know if it has any specific meaning? Hey you were born the same year as me! :D

Look forward to seeing you in chat sometime! :wink:

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  12. Fergal1982

it apparently means 'man of strength'. sounds about right from a previous meaning of it i looked up.

Fergal

13. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Interesting . I'm Heinz 57 sauce by blood and a mutt by birth. Little bit of everything...and my birth year was a lot earlier in history than yours. :wink: :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  14. londo4

londo4 New Member

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------\r\n\r\nHallo Friends\r\nMy name is Londo and I`m new at this forum and I hop that you can help me with some Questions. I live in Hollanda where we can smok the real and good staff Untill we don`t know when, we can be normal.\r\n\r\nI hop read this message and send me reaction.'

Attached Files: