Intro

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Muir, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Muir

Muir Bit Poster

Hi everyone,

I'm currently studying VB.NET passed the 70-305 - Developing Web-based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic.Net. in Oct and just about to sit the 70-306-Developing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic.Net.

I'm also studying the MCDBA course but I'm kinda concentrating on the 70-306 at the mo, one think at a time.

Certifications: Degree, HND, MCP (305, 306, 229)
    WIP: MCDBA
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF Muir, I hope you find the place useful. Oh and good luck with the studying on the 306. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Muir - welcome to CF. I see from your other post in the Training & Dev forum you are rather anti-training provider (like many here). I'm not inviting any thoughts on it in this thread, but wonder how you're studying at the mo ? Are you doing self-study, or with a local college ? Either way - enjoy the place and hopefully we can help out :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day Muir, glad you found us and good luck with the exam :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Muir

Muir Bit Poster

Thanks all, I've been looking around the site and this looks a great place for advice and support. I'm unfortunately studying through Computeach at the moment; I don't personally find them that bad, certainly not as bad as some others I've been researching. I have however encountered the problems of the ridiculous pass level of 90%, which angered me so much I started looking into all these training providers and I've tried to highlight my concerns in the appropriate manner (don't worry I’m not here to spread my gospel on the hateful training providers or promote any anti so-and-so messages).

Any way I have been studying my chosen disciplines of databases and VB for many years prior to signing up and I’ve managed to achieve the desired mark and progress relatively smoothly. I only joined up with computeach as I wanted some credentials to back up my knowledge and at the time did not know how to gain them. Well, we live and learn.

I’ve always been of the persuasion that to truly learn something you need to look at it from different angles so I’m pretty much a self-learner with some additional guidance.

Certifications: Degree, HND, MCP (305, 306, 229)
    WIP: MCDBA
  6. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums, Muir! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  7. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  8. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

'ow do! :biggrin

9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. fyerman

fyerman New Member

Morning!!!

I was looking at the mcad course in c# but after finding this forum (and some great advice!!) I opted for the A+ to benchmark my knowledge! I'll look towards the MCAD afterwards!!! :biggrin

You'll have to tell me how you find the course!!!

Anyhoo, welcome and good luck for your exam!!

Certifications: business computing course circa '96
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Hello, welcome.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  12. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi and welcome aboard :thumbleft. Good luck with your certs

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT