Interview!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by tripwire45, Oct 14, 2003.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I've got one for this job:

PC TECHNICIAN (this position will be working in Nampa, Idaho)
    -Support 300 end users
    -Hardware repair
    -Access programming
    -Systems upgrades
    -Generate forms for expense transfers
    -Assist with computer ordering
    -Bookkeeping

on Wednesday at 9 a.m. my time (seven hours behind forum time...about 4 p.m where most of you live). Wish me luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

You don't even need to ask Trip, you know we're behind you. Good luck, everything is crossed here :)

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You can bet your bottom dollar we are. GOOD LUCK Trip.

:thumbleft

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Good luck Trip, I've got an interview on Friday at 11 myself so lets hope for a "win double" this week.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Good luck, Luton. I've got my OS Migration project set for today. Just got up. :gmorning Time to get rolling.

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

WAHOOO !!! Get the CertForums Good Luck machine fired up, and point it right at Trip and Luton :sunny :sunny

You Guys inspire the rest of us, and deserve the best of luck :!: Keep us informed .......

EDIT: Actually, Luton, I've got a small event taking place at exactly the same time on Fri, so let's go for the treble :fart

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I was doing the OS Migration project today (I'll have to fill you all in on the technical details sometime...interesting stuff) and had a lull when all the PCs were set up and I was just watch packages download onto the servier (UNIXWare 7). With nothing to do except study Wi-fi, I called my local recruiter to get the lowdown on the job interview tomorrow.

Turns out it's for the City of Nampa...a small rural town of about 50,000, known for a large convension center, a nasty sugar beet plant, and former home of Micron Pc. I guess the job has a component of tracking orders and equipment and supplies for the city as well as doing PC tech stuff. The guy wants someone to start as soon as Thursday which would give me no leeway to give notice to my current employers. Well, I can talk to him about it in person tomorrow at 9 (4 p.m. forum time).

I had to rush off to my slave job and relearn how to deliver mail in the dark. Didn't get home until about 8:30 p.m. Looked briefly at my e-mails and my editor's name popped out at me. Looking for some authors to write about networking and Dell computers. Pay is so-so but I could use the experience. I'd be nice to have just a 40 hour a week job and be able to write on the side. I might even be able to take the occasional weekend contract job. Things are popping (of course that's when they could also blow up in your face...proceeding hopefully but cautiously).