Interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by bootneck1, Feb 3, 2009.

1. bootneck1

bootneck1 Bit Poster

Hi all i got a phone call today reference a job interview for ***** working on the ******* for the *** as a installation technician which i am over the moon about but i dont want to get caught out. But the problem (not much of a problem i guess but i want to say something positive) i am faced is what to say when they ask are you willing to relocate,will it cause problems and what happens if i cant find a place to rent ? . I am in Manchester and the job is in Wiltshire and as i said i just want to say something positive.
    Any help would be welcomed.

Certifications: SDH, PONS,AIR BLOWN FIBER SYSTEMS
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

First off, I'd remove any details about the employer and job specifics... you never know who's looking in.

Secondly... do you know if they're willing to pay any relocation expenses - what did it say in the information sheet, assuming you got one?

If you have to move under your own steam, and I'm assuming you know what the salary is, can you afford to do so? Or, more importantly, can you afford to cut out some expenses (pubs/clubs and so on) to allow you to take the job?

Have you looked at what properties cost to rent in Wiltshire?

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What he said^

I'd ring a few estate agents & letting agents to find out how much rent/mortgages are around there or find out how much it would cost you to commute.

If you know the salary then you should be able to work out how much you will really take home after costs.

if you don't know the salary then you will have to ask if they can help you with any relocation and what the salary may be.

You need to ask them the usual questions relating to the job first before asking about pay etc

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?