Interview on Monday

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by greenbrucelee, Apr 17, 2008.

1. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

HA HA...
    Now I'm glad I brought it up :biggrin :twisted:

Okay, not to ask to many questions or anything, but is the manager taking you on willingly or is he being forced? Since you did call him (and his staff) out before, just be careful of his / her intentions :dry

I'm sure you already know all this, just wanted to make sure :rolleyes:

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

His very words to me were " I think I have jumped to conclusions about you and I am sorry for doing so, I would therefore like to offer you interim based work along side your position at the moment and all being well have a view to move you into the IT department full time."

I said thats pretty cool no hard feelings Brian and that was about it.:D

I think they put the blame on him for the back up tapes getting chucked in the skip, I am not sure if it was him but it probably was as the rest of the IT staff are seasoned IT professionals.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Great news GBL, just what you deserve !!

Now get your ass in gear and impress this director

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  4. greenbrucelee

Will try :)

5. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Well done in both situations GBL! You really deserved this. I think you will find things start to happen once you get your foot in the door, just as everybody says (mainly BM!).

I actually done well in my test (mentioned earlier), though not as well as I should have as I made 2 very silly mistakes, and got 16/20. Unfortunately they decided not to go with a pass mark and gave the job to the 2 highest scores which were 17 and 18. I didn't even get an interview for the job but was given feedback and told I'm ready for the job but was unlucky and that I should try and do some extra hours on 2nd line to help out and get my foot in the door for when the next available positions open.

Well, 2 weeks later I was offered a new job much closer to home (saving me time and over £1,500 p/a on travel), with a new company, and paying a lot more than my current salary and a fair bit more than the 2nd line position as well. It's no longer sitting on a help desk taking 100 calls per day either, it's all about monitoring servers but on a 1st line job title.

I started this job on Monday and have to say it's been a breath of fresh air. The team is great and the work is a lot better too. It's the kind of place I'd like to settle down at and really work on a career. So fingers crossed it all works out.

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  6. greenbrucelee

Sounds good, good luck.