Interview Nerves..

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Naive, Aug 13, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Pffft. I travel 35 miles each way for my job. It's worth the drive. :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Turned out to be the best interview ive ever had! :) everything went perfect! Will find out how it went, back end of next week. I feel ecstatic because wether i get it or not, i know i portrayed myself truthfully and it went superb. Will keep you informed on the outcome.

WIP: MCDST
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Fantastic! Good on ya. :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well done mate. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. BosonMichael

See? What'd we tell ya? ;)

Sounds like you're in the right mindset. If you get the job, you're better for it... and if you don't get the job, you're better for it. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

visualise the interviewer with no clothes on.
    If they're fat and ugly then visualise them with more clothes on :D

AC

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  7. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Just got a call. Been invited back for a 2nd interview with the ops director and technical manager tomorrow 9am. Nerves all over the place, mixed with confidence. After interview should find out if i got job friday :)

8. Qs

Good to hear. Let us know how it goes :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  9. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

good luck, just walk in like your the dogs bollocks, show your friendly and comfortable and you will be sorted. My last Interview me and the boss were joking about how our writing looked like chicken scratchings for a good ten minutes. I got the job! ;)

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  10. BosonMichael

Congrats on getting to the next step. :) That shows that employers are interested in you, whether or not this particular one goes all the way in hiring you.

11. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I have to say I've been to a few interviews for the practice, even though I knew I probably wouldn't get the job. Best thing to do is go there, try your best. If you got to the interview stage they must see something :D
    If not, follow Fergal1982's advice and ask for feedback.

12. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Had the 2nd interview today,was very similar to the first one, but wit the tech manager and ops director, a few difficult questions such as 'what qualities can you bring from your old role to here?' and the toughy i prepared for which was 'how do we know you will stay with us for the long run?' answered everything fluently and was showed around the building before leaving. Hard part is done now, advised i would be informed on my success or not mid nex week. I think the ops director slipped up, as when i asked when would i knw? And he said, he has one more interview to get out of the way first. Not looking too far into but hope i get it now :)

13. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I don't think he has slipped up, I've always been told how many people are to be seen after me everytime I've gone for an interview :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  14. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

I think I was trying to digging for hints too much lol :D

Got an email from recruitment agency saying that the company would have a final decision by monday morning and that I would be informed on my success or not Tuesday. Things look positive as I'm getting stuck into the 70-271 MS press release book and enjoying it thoroughly. Just a case of enjoy the long bank holiday weekend and fingers crossed tuesday :)

15. JoshC

JoshC Bit Poster

16. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Just to let you guys know that I received a call today from Recruitment agency to say that they are happy to offer me a permanent job offer :D
    start on the 15th sept due to them having to set up my desk etc, and a permanent contract offer is in the post. I'm over the moon as I have got my first IT job on the first attempt and can't wait to get on with it, now to hand my notice in xD
    Thanks for all the support and help you've given me guys, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't of even thought about applying for IT jobs :thumbleft. Now for the 271 studying :twisted:

17. Qs

Awesome! Well done matey! :D

Let us know how you get on in your new found role Mr IT person you. :p

Oh, and I'm so racing you for 271 study, my MS Press books arrive tomorrow woo lol.

18. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  19. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Cheers buddy :D

Yup i'll keep in contact to let you know how I'm getting on etc..

I've been studying for the 271 for a week, and I have two weeks of no work before starting my ne I.T job, so i'll be doing nothing but studying :twisted: muahahahahaha falls over manicly :rolleyes:

20. BosonMichael

Major congrats! :)