1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview in an Hour

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zom414, Feb 18, 2009.

1. zom414

zom414 Bit Poster

Got my interview in an hours time so squeaky bum time here! I think I'm all prepared so just going to start getting ready and then go. Will let you know how it goes later! Wish me luck!!

Certifications: A+,N+,70-291,70-290,70-620,CCNA,MCSA
    WIP: Security+, Exchange, Active Dir
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Hope it all goes well m8 !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Good luck!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

**luck** :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Good luck, let us know how you get on :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  6. zom414

zom414 Bit Poster

Had my interview at 3 pm and was out by 3.25 pm. I thought it all went well but was a bit concerned that it was so short! I answered all the tech questions they put to me and thought I did ok. I then got a call at 5 pm offering me the position! Well chuffed to say the least. It's doing 1st line support which is what I wanted to start off doing and I start in a couple of weeks time.

When I got home though the Mrs had taken a couple of phone calls and I've got another 2 interviews next week for roughly the same jobs. Thing is, do I still go and see what they have to offer or do I just stick with what I've got so I don't shaft someone else from getting the job? Nothing for ages and then 3 come all at once.

Oh well, time to have some more JD :D

7. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the good news :) Me personally I would still go for the other interviews if I wasn't sure about the job that I was offered. It all depends on you and on if you can see yourself working for that company :)

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  8. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

Always like that ain't it.
    I'd say if you can go to a few of those interviews then do so. Never know they may offer more, better work environment, benefits etc etc etc.
    What do you have to lose except a little time.

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  9. bootneck1

bootneck1 Bit Poster

Go to them, you never know they might offer more money, more courses. If you got the time might as well, you just never know what may happen.
    But congrats

Danny

Certifications: SDH, PONS,AIR BLOWN FIBER SYSTEMS
  10. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the job offer, you can always take a looksi at the other positions and see what happens.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  11. zom414

zom414 Bit Poster

The other 2 jobs offer more money and are roughly the same in traveling time/distance. Probably wont get them but worth going for the interview experience and I've got nothing else planned.