Internet license

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by twizzle, Apr 1, 2013.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Ok so today i can across this in my twitter feed. Web licence to be compulsory for ALL internet users
    This seems to be going too far. We alrewady pay to access the net via your ISP, now we gotta pay just for using it even if you dont use it to watch TV??
    And it says even companies are going to have to pay? So if you host websites etc your company has to pay a licence for this? Doe any other country have this or is it just the UK government trying to screw us for more money?

;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

I must admit, on my first read through, it sounded plausible ;)

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  3. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Brilliant :-D

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Can thank Martin Lewis of the Moneysavingexpert.com site for that one. So plausible espcially with the way the UK gov are at the moment.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I think this could have been an Aprils fool?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  6. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

We were tracking our Google analytic today (as normal) and noticed a strange amount of users in the Pacific, then the Atlantic.
    Further investigation showed these came from the "International Space Station" and the number of users was, think about it, 41.
    They didn't appear on our aggregated stats either, which made it even more confusing until we figure out there were only 6 people in space at the moment.

Now I come to think about it, that was a sh1t April fools joke, we lost a bit of time trying to figure out WTF was happening.
    I don't mind a bit of fun on the google search page, we expect that, productivity doesn't suffer, but diverting resources to find out what was happening (especially when their cloud services have been ropey in the past few weeks) potentially cost us money.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Really? :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Damm you April fools day! I was about to say, do you know history?

Anyway, I heard they are trying to do something like this. Should I leave telecommunications?

Certifications: MCTS, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MSCD