Internet Explorer not showing all pictures

Discussion in 'Software' started by noelg24, Dec 27, 2005.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Hey guys and gals!!

I spent most of Xmas day reinstalling XP on my machine. Now since doing this when I visit certain websites not all of the pictures are being displayed. Instead there are just lots of boxes with the red crosses on them...if do Show Picture nothing happens...I have no idea why this is...anyone know of a way to resolve this? Thanks all...:D

in the meantime I think I might install Opera and Firefox and see if the same thing happens in case its not browser related...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

ok just tried opera and firefox and the same is happening with them...I went to Ebay on all 3 browsers and not one of them is showing all the pics...IE shows red crosses, FF shows a coloured box and opera just shows a box with the word image in it...so any ideas will be great...thanks...

3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Thanks bluerinse will have a butchers...cheers...:D

5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Bluerinse you the man...I followed the first link and it worked...it was just a case of playing around with Internet Explorer settings...funnily enough its also sorted out Opera and FF...soo well done mate and thank you...:D

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Brings up an interesting question...if you make changes in Control Panel -> Internet Options on a Windows machine, do these changes have an affect on browsers besides IE?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The usual answer applies here I think, *it depends* :biggrin

Bearing in mind that IE is intrinsically linked into the operating system I wouldn't be surprised at all. Certainly the connection settings can have an effect on other browsers.

Also some browsers use IE as their engine, Avant is such a browser and so they would certainly be affected if you make changes to the settings for IE.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Without having checked any of the above links, it does sound like a plug-in issue here - java, by any chance ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity