Intermediate level - System Engineer position.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by aushus, Aug 26, 2012.

1. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

Hello Guys,

I have an intermediate system engineer interview coming up.

This interview is mainly about looking after a server farm (Microsoft systems)

Was wondering if you guys could give me some technical questions about it, or some general questions.

2. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

yo? any word?

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

??? You haven't actually given any info about it, just "Microsoft systems"...

Will you be supporting SQL? Virtual Servers? Exchange? VDI? What version of OS will you be supporting? Is it just file servers? What about 3rd party products like Lotus? Citrix? VMWare?

As for questions for you to ask... How about...

What sort of training will you be able to expect?
    What management tools are you using? eg SCVMM, SCOM, System center, etc...
    What projects are coming up? How much hands on can you expect to get?

As for questions, see here:
    Link 1
    Link 2

It's hard to develop a list of possible questions for a job role of "System Engineer" or any job title as it's not standardised. A system's engineer in one organisation would be what a technician does in another and vice versa, for example my senior IT Tech job role is comparable to some external IT consultants that I've worked with in the past.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security