Interest rates up to 5.75%

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by DrBott, Jul 5, 2007.

1. DrBott

DrBott Bit Poster

We just need a comical Ali equivalent now saying:

"There will be no housing crash, it is different this time..."
    :biggrin

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL

Quite happy with my reasonable mortgage payments and five year fixed term (that i signed only a month ago) whilst reducing my total terms from twelve years remaining to eight...

Then again, i was lucky enough to get my gaff for about 130 grand less than it is 'worth' today :biggrin

I have been predicting a house price crash for the last three years but it doesn't seem to have happened yet. I fear that, when it does, a LOT of people will end up homeless again - just like the last time.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am a person who is hoping there is a crash, I cant afford a house at the mo so I have to live with my mum. I will be out of debt in March/April next year then hopefully I can get house hunting. My mate bought a flat 6 years ago for £50000 he has just sold it for £130000 thats a hell of a mark up especially when you consider the average wage in Cumbria is £15000

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

I was there in the original 'boom' and came out wi' f*ck all.

Don't start that again.

It was the poor FEELING wealthy that started it 20 years ago.

I rent.

Now.

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I was thinking about renting, the onlything with that is you have to ask a landlord for permission to get cable or sky or modify something in your house or flat.

I may have no choice but to rent with my amazing credit score

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I'm hoping for a correction in prices but not a crash. The people I'd like to see nailed in this current wave of housing boom is the "but to let brigade" and the "property investor". It's those tossers that have kept the prices too high by crowding out the first time buyer. The first time buyer used to be key to the market - not anymore!!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  7. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Me and the family are renting at the moment and I can't see that changing for a good while.....I would need a mortgage of approx 8 times my salary and a decent deposit to get on the property ladder where we are....I also have zero savings right now.

Unless of course I somehow find/win £40k....i wish.

Hopefully things will be looking up this time next year and we can start getting some savings together.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA