Infuriating CompTIA outage

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by McTaff, Aug 21, 2009.

1. McTaff

McTaff Bit Poster

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet,

I passed the N+ two weeks ago, but I'm unable to start the shipping process for my certificate because the www.comptia.org/careerID website is suffering from a "prolonged outage" according to their own notice. They also say that they've no idea when the website will be back up, but encourage me to "check back weekly". Poor show I think, considering the price of the Network+ exam and the time it takes CompTIA to send your certificate at the best of times.

Certifications: ITIL v.3, MCDST, CompTIA A+, Network+
    WIP: Scratching my head in frustration
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Wow, it's a good thing that Comptia isn't a company specializing in IT :lol:

Seriously though, they'll fix it soon (I hope so, I want to hear if I passed the Comptia beta exams and if I did order the certs...) :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. itskillsguy

itskillsguy Nibble Poster

I've heard through the grapevine that the Comptia Career ID system has been moved to a different database provider and that there will be an improved service up and running by the end of the month.

4. f_m-2408

f_m-2408 New Member

The CompTIA Career ID site is still down, it seems.

Certifications: A+ (exams passed as of 12/08/2009)
  5. McTaff

McTaff Bit Poster

Well, here we are on 1st September and there's no change. There is a new message, but that still says the DB may be down for a couple more weeks. Poor show CompTIA.

Certifications: ITIL v.3, MCDST, CompTIA A+, Network+
    WIP: Scratching my head in frustration
  6. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Probably outsourced the work to Satyam.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM