Info on Linux+ 2009 version Update

Discussion in 'Linux+' started by Kitkatninja, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

CompTIA Linux+ to be Updated

The CompTIA Linux+ certification is currently undergoing a revision. This revision is in keeping with CompTIA's practice of continuous and ongoing review of its certification content.

CompTIA Linux+ is a vendor-neutral certification. The exam remains a validation of foundation-level Linux skills and knowledge.

The skills and knowledge that are measured by the CompTIA Linux+ exam are derived from an industry-wide Job Task Analysis (JTA) and were validated through a global survey in Q4, 2008. The results of the survey were used to validate the content of the subject areas (domains) and exam objectives, as well as the overall domain weightings, ensuring the importance of one domain relative to another.

The CompTIA Linux+ (2009 Edition) certification is aimed at an IT administrator experienced in Windows or other operating systems who also has at least 6-12 months as a Linux system administrator. The exam assumes experience with command-line utilities, common administrative tasks and troubleshooting.

The new exam will be available in late Q3 2009.

Unfortunately I can't post a link to the draft version of the Linux+ 2009 objectives as I 1. Do not have access to them at the moment & 2. I can't find anywhere that does.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

I would be interested in this. :)