Indy 4 movie review

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, May 26, 2008.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

For those who havent seen it and are wondering whether or not they should see it, watch here

I apologise for the state I was in, I had a late night and was woken up very early by my dad whilst visiting my family in London. lol...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks for the review Noel, as I plan to go and see this soon on the big screen at London greenwich filmworks. I also like how you did not give away the plot on what's on the film:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

lol...that was pretty much the idea...not to give anything away cos it will surprise everyone as it did me. But trust me, the story and the concept just go so well...i cant even describe it :biggrin you will love it I know u will

4. oztrailrider

oztrailrider Nibble Poster

I am going to go and see it tomorrow, thanks for the review :)

Certifications: MCP (70-270)
    WIP: A+
  5. Gopher

Gopher Bit Poster

Awesome review noelg24, thanks!

I have one of those rare occasions where I am actually off work so me and the wife are off to see it today!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA & MCTS SQL 2005
    WIP: MCITP 70-443 & 70-444
  6. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Saw it last week and thought it was a load of old cobblers. Very VERY disappointed with it.

Looking forward to going to see Speed Racer and Iron Man though. Been meaning to see those for a while now.

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Speed Racer tanking in the reviews, but I thought Iron Man was pretty good. Frankly, I'm waiting to see the Batman: The Dark Knight movie, myself. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Yeah, I saw Speed Racer flopped at the box office, but I want to go check out the groovy cgi and that is pretty much it. The rest of the movie I have no real care for.

Iron Man I hear is very good, and the Dark Knight movie looks very promising!

9. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I took Tuesday off of work and the wife and I went out to see Indy 4. It was a rare occasion for us since we have our little guy. She thought it was good, but I was a bit disappointed. I felt that it didn't fit the feeling of the original ones. There was a certain aspect of it that I just didn't think fit (I don't want to say anything about it because I don't want to spoil it for anyone). I will probably still pick up the DVD and will end up a fan of it, but I just thought that I would like it more than I did.

Iron Man on the other hand was great! I really didn't even care to see it, but the movie was so good, I ended up seeing it twice. That is VERY rare for me!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  10. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

My thoughts exactly.

**KIND OF SORT OF A BIT SPOLIER-ISH BUT NOT REALLY OK WELL KIND OF NO ACTUALLY DO NOT READ BELOW THIS LINE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM WARNING!!**

Things that done my head in about this fillum:

1. All the stunts looked like they were being done at 5mph. Don't know if it was intentional or not but it looked crap.
    2. I know all Indy movies start with the end of an adventure but the opening of Indy 4 felt totally useless.
    3. Shania Le Biblioteque or whatever his name is was thoroughly ANNOYING throughout. Please, no Indy 5 with him taking control. PLEASE!
    4. The fridge scene. OTTTTTTTTTTTT and then some. Useless.
    5. The gophers. WTF??
    6. Aliens. Area 51. WHY? Crap. My money is on Lucas demanding that rubbish.
    7. Props. Everything looked crap. Mainly the skulls. Even the stuff in the previous movies looks better than in this one.
    8. The sets. That little village set with the mummy's in was incredibly pokey and rubbish. Where was the grandure? The grande spectacle like the previous movies? No instead we get a bunch of CGI for the ending palace place, a few waterfalls and a map with a line cgi'd on it. Nice effort.
    9. Everything else about the movie.

**IT'S OK YOU CAN READ AGAIN NOW!!**

What a terrible terrible TERRIBLE movie. In the end it came across to me as a rushed cash cow where I reckon most of the $120m budget went in Ford, Speilberg and Lucas's pockets.

I'd rather eat my own head than see this crap again. To me, Indy will remain a trilogy and we'll forget this useless piece of eggy fart was ever made. I've had more fun dicing onions 24/7 then rubbing powdered bleach in to my eyes while listening to Durham Town by Roger Whittaker on loop every day for 15 years.

...and that's my 2 cents! :curtain:police:police:bdaysmile:mad

11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Erm..what cinema did u go to again? :unsure: