1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

indepth stuff

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, Jun 28, 2006.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Hey all, ive been looking at a site called howstuffworks, and its poretty good it tells you loads of interesting stuff on a wide range of topics. But i was wondering if anyone knew of a site that goes into more detail with the chance of illustrated pictures or 3d images, when i mean go into detail i mean , they strip something down to its bones and show you everything?? :biggrin

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

IMHO howstuffworks is a brilliant site. However, it can be a bit variable in depth on different subjects.

I don't think you will ever find a site that gives great detail on every subject in the world - it would be too much to do.

When you have mastered the beginnings of a subject then it is time to specialize if you want to take it further. This means finding sites dedicated to the particular subject in question.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

I agree the site is very good, im just one of them people who would like to know everything and i find i learn a lot better when i have diagrams and pics to go off rather than just some one telling me .

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

I found about that site through this site, and is normally the first place i go to get an overview of how stuff work