I'm one Lucky Boy

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by SimonV, Apr 4, 2005.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

After two hours of constantly redialling and clicking refresh on the website I managed to get my ticket for this years Glastonbury. For those who don't know it's the largest greenfield music and performing arts festival in the world.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just hope the rain stays away. :blink
    [​IMG]

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Gratz Si, i hear they were sold out pretty bloody quickly?
    atleast they had by sunday, which is when we got a tad pissed off with XFM keep announcing that tickets were on sale, when they were then announcing they were sold out :P
    lol

Hope you enjoy the event, I have never been one for those massive gatherings, prefur the quieter ones, but i know you enjoy them, as do some of my friends :)

Have a good one mate

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Way to go, Si - enjoy, m8 :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

:x I spent hours doing the same thing and even had one phone with my finger pretty much stuck to the redial button (with the other hand pressing refresh on net) whilst my friend warned everyone not to call and pressed for a redial - came through several hours later to say sold out - nooooo!!! :cry: Can't believe it - gutted!

Anyone know what will happen to tickets that are cancelled as I know I need to get them properly because of the whole photo id thing this year (good - stop everyone buyin up all the tickets n then makin a killing on ebay!)

Congrats on gettin hold of them Si - hope the weather holds out for you! Make a few shapes for me eh! :biggrin

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Tried for Glastonbury - no luck :(

Download -->

Because with the new ID security this year, I'm guessing it'll be virtually impossible to buy resales for Glastonbury online. Someone reassure me if I'm wrong.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I got through on the net after the site was down or busy for two hours, had to wait till 10:30pm till the confirmation email came through so couldn't celebrate until I'd had that. Some of my friends managed to get tickets too but some didn't so Sunday lunch was a bit of a playground jealousy episode.

There may be some duplicate tickets that get sold from when people have either tried to purchase more than two tickets on the same debit card or from duplicate orders trough the sites web forms.

My best advice would be to keep an eye on the official website for news.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...